Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday Setlist Recap - March 1, 2009

This was a really rough weekend for me personally and corporately as a praise team. On Wednesday the 25th (just before service) we received news that one of our members (a 17 year old singer) lost her father. He was only 49 years old, was saved, but didn't attend church regularly. His daughter has been rehearsing with us for about 2 months and had just began performing with us, so her dad had never seen/heard her praising God! So with heavy hearts we continued on with our dress rehearsal and then performed.

Even though I only work 3 days a week (12 hours per night) every so often my schedule includes a weekend that has me working from 2pm - 2am on Friday and Saturday and 5pm - 5am on Sunday. This weekend was one of such weekends! To add to the sleeplessness...I was asked to perform at the funeral of our singer's dad's funeral, which was on Saturday at 10am (I had to be there at 9am). I was honored and humbled to be asked and quickly agreed, not quite realizing that after getting home from work on Saturday morning at 3:30am I would have to be up and leave for the funeral by 7:30 am! Yes, all you math whizzes are right...that's only 4 hours of sleep! Hang on it gets better!
After the funeral, I had to drive home (about 45-60 miles) and get ready to be at work by 2pm, work my 12/12 1/2 hours, get home from work around 3:30am...be up and ready to leave for Sunday dress rehearsal by 7:30am (yep, once again 4 hours), perform for service till 12 noon.
Now normally, this is where I can catch up on some sleep as I don't have to be at work until 5pm, so I can realistically grab out 3 1/2 hours. However, on this Sunday I was being blessed after service, by the Baptism of my daughter (she's about to turn 11). Ofcourse, if the baptism service would have been right after church it wouldn't have been so bad...but, it wasn't scheduled until 2pm! Did I mention that we live about an hour away from church? I did? Okay, anyway. So instead of coming home and resting prior to the baptism, we just stayed in town, grabbed some lunch and goofed off!
So, the baptism lasts till 3pm, I get home at 4pm and was able to lie down for oh...30 minutes maybe! Then it was off to work at 5pm, where I walked the hospital equivalent of a mini-marathon, and wasn't able to leave on time; but had to stay over until 6am. So long story short...its been a loooooonnnnng weekend!

Anyway! Here's the setlist:
  • Everybody Will Be Happy (C)
  • My Redeemer Lives (C-D) Hillsong
  • Amazing Love (D) Newsboys
  • Here With Me (B) Mercy Me
  • Lord I Give You My Heart (G) Reuben Morgan/Darlene Zschech

Technorati Tags: , , ,

View other Sunday Setlists at FredMcKinnon.Com!

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sorry to hear you had such a tough weekend! Hope this next one is better.

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Some really great song choices!
When we give God our heart, sometimes we wind up with a lot less sleep. But, I pray you were blessed through it all. I'm sure you were a blessing to the girls family and your daughter. What a day of rejoicing!

Kip Arnold said...

Steff and Dorothy,
Thanks for the comment.
Yeah,I was completely blessed this weekend even through the fog of sleeplessness. I'm just reminded of Isaiah 6:8-12.
8 And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me!
9 And He said, Go, and tell this people, You hear indeed, but do not understand; and seeing you see, but do not know.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn back, and be healed.
11 Then I said, Lord, how long? And He answered, Until the cities are wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land laid waste, a desolation,
12 and until the LORD has moved men far away, and the desolation in the midst of the land is great.

When Isaiah said here I am, and how long, God told him if Isaiah was going to serve God, it would be for a long time; and He didn't promise Isaiah any rest or sleep. So, I guess I should be grateful and humbled by the fact that God is using me.

Thanks again guys,

K.