Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Service Recap 1/25/09

Well service went rather well today, with just one or two exceptions (I'll elaborate below). Our Setlist for today was:
  • All Because of Jesus
  • No Sweeter Name
  • All My Praise
  • Heart of Worship
  • For Who You Are
I was really pumped to play today for two main reasons:
  1. I was going sans-amp today for the first time! As many of you know or perhaps you don't, we've been having trouble with our wedge/floor monitors as well as stage volume bleeding over into the FOH (Front of House). We've (myself included) been having volume battles... "I can't hear the bass", turn the amp up; which leads to : "I can't hear the guitar", turn the amp up! All of this knob fighting results in decreased clarity up on stage (because then the singers can't be heard, and they're turned up in the monitors which are too loud to begin with!), bleed over into the sanctuary, and overall musical mud! Since Our God is a God of order and not chaos, and as an act of good faith on my part, I was the first to voluntarily sacrifice my sweet sounding amp that my loving dear wife bought me! All I can say is...much better! It will take some getting used to, Joel and I are going to try and work on tweaking the eq and arrange for differences between my electric and the acoustic-electric. So as it stands now, my setup is as follows:Dean Electric,Dean Acoustic-Electric,Line 6 Pod XT Live, Direct Box, Samson Wireless Setup(See Below).
    This is now an open challenge to my fellow amped brother's in Christ...LAY DOWN YOUR AMPS!
  2. Also, to aid in the decreasing of visible clutter (to go along with the musical clutter) I went out and bought a Samson wireless for my guitars! However, I was so excited to play with it last night, that I overslept, and walked out without the ac adapter for the base unit!!!!! Aggh, oh well...there's always Wednesday night service.
As far as the sermon today, Pastor Josh continued on our "The Fast and the Furious" Series. Since yesterday was the final day of the church's 21 day fast, pastor spoke to us about what God is doing for us as a Church Body, Campus Church, and Individually.
Although we were suppose to start going to two Sunday Services next month, using the newly installed projector and screen, it looks like now we are going to focus on completing the pavilion project (turning the outdoor pavilion into a full fledged building), which will be used on Wednesday nights by the youth and on Sundays as a Cafe style service and will use the screen and projector.

That's all for now.
K.

I’m posting this recap in collaboration with other worshipers at the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heart of Worship has popped up a couple of times this week. Good list.

Me... said...

Great set list.
I love No Sweeter Name that's a great song.

haha amp wars- we do that too.
I think our problem is just a bad mix. But our sound tech seems to have a hard time finding the right EQ for it not to bleed to FOH

Steff said...

We are learning "All Because of Jesus" right now! Good song.

Fred McKinnon said...

Hey,
Thanks so much, Kip - glad to have you participating each week in Sunday Setlists - love seeing what you guys are doing. I love "All Because of Jesus" - Steve Fee did that Thursday night, I was about 10 feet away - it rocked!

For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com