Monday, December 15, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas Play


   Well, the last few days have been sort of chaotic, preparing for FWO-McEwen's Christmas Play, The Toymaker's Dream.  On Saturday (12/13/08) evening, I stayed up until 4am the next morning working on the audio sequences for the play.
   The original audio was separated into individual pieces, music (soundtrack), narration, and soundeffects.  What I was able to do with my trusty new iMac & Garageband software, was to mix the above mentioned individual sounds together as separate tracks then save by act and/or scene. This will allow me to play all the sounds for a particular scene with the click of a mouse instead of 5-10 clicks that it would have taken before.
   What took me the longest time was going through the video of the play (oh yeah, I also had to find a 4-6 pin firewire cord, so that I could download the play from minidv camcorder to iMac, thanks RadioShack) and write down the time when each sound event started and stopped!
   The play will be presented at FWO-McEwen (click link for directions) on Saturday, Dec. 20th @ 5pm and on Sunday, Dec. 21st @ 9:45am. For ticket or other information
you can go to the church's website at www.fwo.cc .
   Also, the Waverly campus presented the play The Music Box, but unfortunately that was last weekend...my post is a little late!

Later

K~

No comments: